Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1, 2009 Sedona, AZ

We left Nowhereville early this morning. We took on fuel (cars get gas, motorhomes take on fuel, please write that down) at Winslow, AZ. Now the Eagles fans know where we stopped. Allow me to paraphrase, "... I was standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona such a fine sight to see. When a girl my lord in a flat bed Ford slowed down to take a look at me...". Well Winslow was in trouble today. I had the Love Boat's CB on and the truck drivers were talking about the toilet problem in Winslow. It seems the sewer lines in the entire city were shut off for some ugly reason. Please note that I have not verified this information from another source other than the Rubber Duck Network. The Love Boat has a flushing toilet regardless if the Flying J does not. I thought about renting out our toilet for $5 for 5 minutes but Deb would never have gone for that. Please no puns intended.

We stopped in Flagstaff, AZ for food today. "The Walmart" didn't have a Calgon water machine but the greeter lady said the Bashas' grocery store at the end of the strip mall did. Deb whirled around and "The Walmart" was history. Bashas' was cross between Harris Teeter and Whole Foods. Evidently this grocery chain has an identity crisis. It wants to be a health food store but Bubbas want Budweiser. This ain't Santa Fe Yall. So we get groceries and head out for the last 50 miles of the day's journey.

We traveled 50 miles and dropped 3000 feet in elevation in 15 miles. Furthermore, we went from freezing temperatures to needing our mega fans sucking air through the camper. Flagstaff had snow in the parking lot of Bashas'. Here the maintenance guy had on shorts. Good lord, I don't know what to wear.

We went into Sedona after lunch. Before you die you should see what we saw. I promise to post photos in Palm Springs. The mountains were magnificent. Deb wanted the standard billboard sweatshirt, so we stopped in town. This is a nice place to visit. The people are nice and the scenery is overwhelming. Oh buddy here comes the funny.

Evidently, there are four vortexes (I know the spelling should be vortices but they say vortexes here) which brings forth this energy that resonants their chakra and stuff. You can google the words for further enlightenment. The vortexes (I had to use that word) channel energy to the earth. My engineer friends are spiraling around in their chairs for the second or third time in one paragraph. Please forgive me my astute scientific friends. We own a Dyson vacuum cleaner. It has a vortex cleaning action that sucks the puppies' hair into this plastic circular vortex that is easy to dump into the trash. I surely hope the four active vortexes (gggrrrrrr) are not sucking my thoughts and aspirations into the ground in Arizona. I could have stayed in Raleigh and had my aspirations of normalcy sucked out of me by the city council and Meeker.

Tomorrow Deb has to work. Bummer. I planned to take the puppies to each vortex and allow them to poop on each vortex. Riley has been in training for years preparing this event. We may not have time for all four, so if your chakra palpitates tomorrow blame it on the puppies namely Riley the Poopinator.

We remain in Sedona tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment