Friday, December 18, 2009

Thursday, Dec 17, 2009

Let's see where do I start. Doggie poo bags.

Those of us with dogs know that doggies poo wherever they want. Responsible pet owners pick up said puppy poo in plastic bags. You now have what little background information that I will discuss. Most people will use plastic grocery bags. For convenience sake, Deb buys rolls of doggie poo bags from Walmart. They are compact and fit into car doors nicely. We were in "The Walmart" and Deb decided we needed poo bags. When we finally found them, all I could locate were pink bags with white hearts on them. We bought a roll and took them back to The Love Boat. I noticed a few days later that a blue roll had replaced the pink with hearts roll. Deb didn't think it was proper picking up the male puppy poo using pink bags with hearts. So we have a roll of pink puppy poo bags with hearts that we won't use. We can't have our dogs looking like girly dogs can we?

We took a tour of the electricity generating windmill field today. There are over 3000 windmills covering many square miles of land here in the valley. They are something to see. A few years ago, the windmills numbered 30,000. The technology has since improved that allows a single windmill to replace several older style windmills. I was told by the tour guide that 3000 birds per year are killed in the windmill field because the birds can't see the spinning blades. The new style windmills turn much slower and kill less birds. Wind mills provide less that 1 1/2% of the power in the US (I did not verify the tour guides numbers). Now I could launch into a tirade of good and evil about windmills. But, I am not. Instead I want to launch into a tirade about the fleecing from the tour guide. They charged up $200 for four people to go on a "Windmill Tour". What actually happened was they picked us up at the Palm Springs Visitor Center in a Hummer H2 and drove out to a hill on a long dirt road that overlooked the windmill field. We stopped on the hill for a few minutes then drove back to the visitor's center. We didn't get close to a windmill. I could have stopped on the interstate and saw for what cost us $200. We got fleeced. TourGuideBoy would drive and wave at stuff with both hands--simultaneously. I wanted to thump his head and tell him to either drive or talk not at the same time. This guy spent a lot of time telling us about his personal life. Beside beating us to death in that Jeep wannabe bobbing up and down on the dirt road from Hell, he bored me silly with his personal details. If the "tour" had lasted much longer, I would have flown my Southern butt into a windmill too. Good lord.

We get to see animated Christmas lights today. Oh boy. Happy trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment