Sunday, December 6, 2009

December 5, 2009 Palm Springs

Deb took the puppies out for a walk this morning while I tried to fix the flat tire on her bicycle. She took a circuitous route trying to find a nonexistent entrance to a greenway trail that connects her parent's place with our trailerpark. While she was hunting a man came out of a business and wanted to know what breed the puppies are. We get that a lot because their breed, Keeshond, is somewhat rare. Deb loves talking about how the breed came from Holland and how they were barge dogs, etc. etc. This gentleman said he wanted a dog and saw the puppies and loved their looks. The puppies are used to this type of behavior because they know that they are the Pierce Brosnans of the puppy world. They know it and are comfortable with it. Anyway, he thanked Deb and went back to work.

Later in the day, I was sitting in the navigator seat of The Love Boat working on yesterday's blog post, when a car pulled up in front of our camper. I told Deb what I saw, and she told me that this was the guy that had stopped her while walking. I was relieved because my initial thoughts were Fancypants had gotten a posse and was coming to deal us some justice. Evidently, the gentleman had gone home and gotten his wife and was combing the neighborhood trying to find the puppies so she could see them herself. It was a kind of paparazzi moment for the puppies. The puppies charmed the lady and they both left wanting Monty and Riley clones. I was impressed.

I got cutoff in traffic by a Bentley today. A Bentley is a $250K+ car. I had never been cutoff by a Bentley before and didn't know how to act. What does one do? Scream obscenities about his mother or roll down the window and ask if he has any Grey Poupon. The owner of this car likely lived in Indian Wells, CA which is very near to us. Indian Wells is said to be the richest city in the US. It has about 5000 full time residents. Deb has an uncle that lives in Indian Wells that feeds us information. I thought about following the Bentley jerk home and putting a BO for President bumpersticker onto his car. He would be ostracized from Indian Wells before he knew what happened to him. That would fix his little red wagon. But I didn't because I didn't want to be seen acquiring a BO bumpersticker. Besides, one of the other voices in my head said it would upset my chakra. My chakra was beaten so badly yesterday that I was concerned for its well being.

Other stuff happened today that was interesting, but I think that I will wait to talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment