Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Monday, Dec 14, 2009 Palm Springs

Oh my goodness. Today the weather was so nice that I got to wear shorts. Tomorrow, I will get to wear shorts too. In fact, it looks like shorts are the uniform of the day for the near future. Deb had on short pants. You know those pants thing that are too short for pants but too long for shorts. I guess you would call them phorts. I could never wear those things. They look like you put your pants into the dryer on the wrong temperature setting, and it comes out looking like something only Little Lord Fauntleroy would wear. If I wore those things I would be the Bella Donna of the Doggie Park. Before I switch thoughts, I would like you to note that I got to wear shorts today. I am a happy puppy.

Did you see the pictures from yesterday? The same view today was better. I thought about posting a picture of the view and telling you about me wearing shorts. But, I felt it might be too much for you landlubbers. California life is good when the wash isn't carrying away your house. Surf's up Dude.

We visited Minerva Street in Cathedral City last night. This street is in a neighborhood where most of the houses are highly decorated with lights and shiny things that make stupid people want to get out of their cars and take photographs with the flash on. As a whole the decorations were okay--at best. If I lived on that street the lights would be synchronized to music, and stupid people from all over the land would come and photograph the lights with their flashes on. One guy on the street had his two car garage filled with a wittle train that ran around in his wittle Christmas village. The doors were open and the opening was covered in Plexiglas. The Plexiglas keeps the stupid people's kids from electrocuting themselves. Riley wanted to leave a mini model of Detroit in his Christmas village, but the Plexiglas stopped that idea. Riley is such an art snob. I have not gotten my Christmas light fix yet.

I still have hope. There are a couple guys in Indio that have animated light displays (synchronized to music). We plan to visit those displays in the next few days. Also, we plan to go see The Living Desert's Christmas Festival. I was told that it is a nice display that has 350,000 lights. The Living Desert is a zoo and botanical garden that resides in the Palm Desert/Indian Wells area. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. What do Christmas lights and zoo have in common? Ding, ding, ding. The answer is: money. I guess people won't line up in droves to snap pictures of the animals. But that zoo does have a novelty that folks in that part of town never get to see. Can you guess what that novelty is? If you guessed a democrat then you guessed correctly. The Living Desert is on our agenda for Friday night.

We start the return trip to Raleigh after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment