Monday, December 14, 2009

Sunday, Dec 13, 2009

Mountain view from the trailerpark.














Front View of Turtle motorhome














Rear view of Turtle motorhome














The top picture is what I saw this morning. This is a truly magnificent view when it isn't raining. The other pictures are of a "motorhome" that is parked in our trailerpark. This is an old Airstream trailer mounted on a medium duty truck bed. I just love the step stool that he uses at the entrance. I'm pretty sure he is over the maximum height requirements. If you look closely, you will see how he notched the sides of the trailer to allow clearance for the rear wheels. I wonder when he discovered he needed to do that. The truck must be 30 or 40 years old. I especially loved the wreath on the front. The guy that drives this must be lost. Quartzsite is in Arizona not Palm Springs.

Yesterday morning around 8 AM, we heard loud talking outside, so we went outside to see what was up. It turns out the talking was from a PA system in the distance and was in Spanish. I'm told it was an Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration. The road was blocked at several places and thousands of people were walking down the road. At the front of the procession was a statue and behind that was a dozen women dressed in what looked to be Aztec garb. It was really neat to see. The Latinos really take their religion seriously. I don't know much about Our Lady of Guadalupe, but maybe I should add a little statue of her to the Madona, Jesus, and crystal display on the dashboard. It couldn't hurt. I was amazed by the number of people participating in this celebration. I don't think we could ever get that many Baptists to do that even if you bribed them with fried chicken, potato salad, liquor, and dancing. Not to mention that they would want to drive and not walk.

I need a Christmas light fix. That idiot that didn't do his display still upsets me. So, I looked up a few displays here in the valley. We will try to go see them in the next couple of days. I'm told that a couple are animated. I miss my display. This morning I started building some controllers for next year's display. I might blink some lights here in the trailerpark just for fun. Maybe I could get that guy with the Turtle camper to let me put some on his "rig". The Christmas lights would double his resale value. Of course a tank of gas quadruples his resale value. Next year my Raleigh display should top out around 100,000 lights and 500 channels of control. I've got to bulldoze the front yard to expand it. It will be spectacular--the display not the bulldozing.

See yall later.

No comments:

Post a Comment