Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tuesday, Dec 8, 2009

I took the puppies to the groomers today for a bath, ears cleaning, nail trimming, undercarriage wash, and paw rotation. Historically speaking, the puppies want no part of a bath especially Monty. The nice lady led Riley off by himself and Monty looked up at me, and I understood immediately what he was thinking. If Monty could talk he would have said, "You aren't going to leave me here are you?. To heck with Riley let's beat feet". Then the lady came back and Monty knew that a bath was imminent.

I picked up the puppies four hours later, and they had been girly upped quite nicely. The nice lady had trimmed their paw hairs, fluffed them up, and they smelled like a French whorehouse. Any yes, they were not happy. The lady said that they normally put bows or ribbons in the dogs' hair, but I didn't want to add insult to injury. They will have puppy nightmares for days to come over the canine concentration camp. Poor little californicated puppies.

Deb and I must be living right. A winter storm left twenty inches of snow in Flagstaff and 100 MPH winds in New Mexico. The twenty inches of snow was more than four times the record set in 1956. In case you don't remember, we were in Flagstaff and New Mexico about a week ago. I whined about the girly man 40 MPH winds we sailed through. This reminds me of the last time we drove to California from Raleigh. The same thing happened then. We made it through the continental divide and the weather turned ugly with the weather on our heels. This time it was offset by a week. I am convinced it is my dashboard mounted, plastic Madonna, Jesus (this is the last reminder it is pronounced Hey not Je), and crystals from Sedona. At least I hope so because we have to start home in twenty days.

We plan to go see the Sultan of Stupidity’s Christmas light display tonight or tomorrow. I’ve waited a couple years to see his infamous display. Maybe he will be hanging around outside, and I can talk to him in person. Oh goody. I’m as giddy as a school girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment