Thursday, December 24, 2009

Tuesday, Dec 22, 2009 Palm Springs

I am sorry for not updating the blog sooner. I've been busy with stuff. I won't bore you with details.

I was in the grocery store with Deb and was walking toward an open register (till as my Canadian family calls it) when out of the depths of white headedness,The Queen of Buttholes, runs to get in front of me at the register. I am not kidding this wench sprinted to get in front of me. I couldn't help but to call her an ugly name. As a matter of fact, I called her the ugly name again very loudly so she would hear me. Then I called her the name a third time to ensure she was thoroughly embarrassed. Deb thought nothing of it because she has seen me do it before. I call it Al's Edification of Stupid People. I'm not allowed to roll up newspapers and smack them on the nose like people do with dogs (I would never do that to the puppies--stupid people yes). I upset her red and green holiday chakra. She will thank me for it later.

While we were in the grocery, I saw a woman that was likely 85 years old and wearing a mink coat. Good lord she must be related to Suzanne Sommers. This woman had on oversized sunglasses even though it was dark outside. This is Palm Springs, and she could be somebody that I should know but could really care less about. So I wanted to walk up to her and ask her who she is/was/supposed to be. Not to mention I detest people in fur coats. Deb is shaking her head at this point. Anyway, this woman must have been a back up singer in The Benny Goodman Band, and she didn't want her last living fan to realize she had to grocery shop.

We went to the Elephant Bar in Indian Wells today. It was superb. It was a wee bit pricey but we enjoyed the experience from entrance to exit. It was fun but not snooty. The decor was top notch with elephants integrated into the woodwork and bar. It must have been fun to decorate the place. Dinner was good too. May I recommend The Elephant Bar should you visit Indian Wells.

I have not gotten my Christmas light fix yet. What is wrong with the valley? We went to the Living Desert Museum and again was fleeced out of $15 to walk around in 350K of simplistically placed lights. I've been fleeced in multiple states at this point. James in Tulsa did an excellent job of taking care of my November lighting needs but December does not look good at this point. My friend Walter (who is joining me in Austin) has agreed to keep his display up until we return. I might not get my light fix until then. Again I ask, what is wrong with the valley?

That's all for today. We leave for Raleigh in less than a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment