Thursday, December 24, 2009

Wednesday, Dec 23, 2009 Palm Springs

Oh man the wind was blowing was really blowing today. When the wind blows hard in the desert, it picks up sand and carries it in the wind. We have all heard of sandstorms but to experience one in person is surrealistic. The blowing dust makes breathing hard and can sandblast the paint off cars and pit windshields. The wind was blowing through the wash (yes, I talking about that stupid wash again) so hard that it looked like a tornado was passing through. I wonder how the guy that lived in the tent in the wash fared? Maybe he and the tent were transported to the Land of Oz. He's probably clicking his ruby red workboots together saying, "There's no place like the wash. There's no place like the wash". That is if his skin is still attached to his body after being sandblasted for eight hours.

The puppies are getting copious amounts of attention. Riley can't get enough, in fact, he is becoming accustomed to the attention and possibly wanting an upgrade in his social status. I got up from bed early one morning and Riley decided that since I wasn't sleeping in the bed he could. Doggies are not allowed on the furniture at home nor in The Love Boat. Riley was all snuggled up with Deb like he was meant to be there. It came as a shock to him that I didn't want him on the bed. His highness deserves better treatment.

Speaking of the puppies, we had someone from the trailerpark to drop off a gift of doggie biscuits and treats while we were gone. The present was laid in a chair beside The Love Boat. Monty and Riley have admirers. Of course, the puppies have that effect everywhere they go with the exception of Fancy Pants. Santa Puppy arrives in the trailerpark tomorrow night and will bring pink with hearts poo bags to the girly dogs and blue poo bags to the rest.

It was a little cold in the valley yesterday. Everybody was dressed like they were in Minnesota. It was 50 degrees F not -50 degrees F. When we went to The Living Desert to see the Christmas lights, I spotted a couple with wittle, stringed yack hats on. They were so cute. It was such a Kodak moment. I suppressed my desires to walk over and snatch them bald and stomp on their pretty, wittle hats. I best not get started on idiot hats again. Anyway, you would have thought snow was going to fall. I was surprised not to see any fur coats even though we were in Indian Wells.. Some might consider wearing fur coats to a zoo malapropos. Go figure. My jacket was more appropriate for the Christmas festival at the museum. My jacket was fleece just like they did to us. Oh I'm not bitter just $15 poorer.

I'll try and update more.

No comments:

Post a Comment