Thursday, December 1, 2011

Palm Springs, CA Nov 30 ,2011

Hello from Palm Springs, California. The Puppies are ecstatic that they didn't have to wear their seatbelts today.  Yes, The Puppies have doggie seatbelts, and they detest them. Monty runs for cover whenever his harness comes out. Palm Springs means no seatbelts for a month. It also means no house rides either.  The Puppies are happy and so are we.

We are expecting high winds for the next couple of days which means a possible duststorm or rather another possible duststorm. The Love Boat is still nasty from the last storm. Oh goody.  With a little luck it shouldn't be too bad. Enough small talk, let's get down to the funny stuff.

I went to Lowe's today for some belated repair stuff for The Love Boat. I have gone into Lowe's at home a million times. Lowe's started in North Carolina near where I grew up and about the time I was growing up.  I saw something today that was plain weird and a first  A guy, in his mid forties, walked into Lowe's wearing only pants meaning no shoes or shirt.  He easily and quickly walked into the door and got an electric scooter and proceeded to roam around the store in an electric scooter for the handicapped. He clearly wasn't handicapped except for maybe between his ears.  I wondered which was worse, a non-handicapped person riding in a scooter or a half-naked, non-handicapped man riding in a scooter. Ok, a non-handicapped man riding in a scooter. Geez you would think I would be used to it by now. Nope and welcome to California.

That is all for today. It is late and I must admit I forgot to update the blog. Don't run down to Lowe's and ride scooters half-naked or something. I'll see you tomorrow.
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment