Monday, December 26, 2011

Sunny Day, Christmas Dinner, Dog Tricks--Palm Springs Dec 26, 2011

The weather in Palm Springs was beautiful yesterday. The day was bright and sunny with the temperature about 100 degrees hotter than the weather has been for the last three weeks. I would venture to say that the weather change is about par for the course  since we are leaving to go home in the next week, and it will be cold in Raleighwood. Poor Big Ole Dumb Southern Boy. Boo hoo. Yeah right.

I'm going to break a rule of mine and talk about a family gathering.  I normally refrain from such practices but will this once. Deb and I had dinner at her uncle's house yesterday (Christmas Day) along with a dozen or so of Deb's family.   Deb's uncle invited a couple friends of his for dinner that sort of knew me from a dinner that we attended a couple years ago. The gentleman decided to be funny and tell Southern jokes clearly at my expense. The gentleman certainly didn't know about my switchblade wit that I carry around with me everywhere but usually holster to keep from being jabbed by my wife for attacking lightly armored class clowns.  Let's just say my wit requires a concealed weapons permit to carry.  Anyway, this gentleman poked the Big Ole Dumb Southern Boy a few times trying to get a rise out of this uneducated, inbred simpleton. Deb heard what was going on and had her poker pulled back and armed like a Canadian trebuchet, but I didn't give her the opportunity to use it. Now you know I had several opportunities to reach into my backpocket and pull out my witblade but Deb was within optimal poking distance, besides I didn't want to make the gentleman cry in front of his plasticized wife.  Accordingly, the gentleman went home without a clawed and jelly-like psyche. The Puppies heard the jokes and didn't find them funny either because they are Southerners too. The Puppies wanted to pee on his leg-- let's just say great minds think alike. But they didn't and I didn't and somebody will likely write a Christmas song to commemorate the event.

After dinner Deb did her dog tricks starring The Puppies along with their cousin puppy Dexter. Deb had The Puppies perform tricks like chasing their tails and lying down.  Deb would hold up food over their heads and the dogs would do exactly what she wanted. They might not have liked the trick but did it because they wanted the doggie biscuit. The Big Ole Dumb, Inbred, Simpleton Southern Boy watched the tricks and thought about the situation for a moment and decided that we should do something similar with money for the folks on welfare. We could hold money over their head and say, "Get a job, get a job".  We could also do that with Democrats too, "Get a clue, get a clue".  Then you pat them on the head and tell them to shut up and go off.   Monty doesn't find this metaphor very funny.


That is all for today. I hope your Christmas was good and Santa didn't poop down your chimney.
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment