Friday, December 23, 2011

Engrish, Porch Supports. Libbbbrrrrllls--Palm Springs, Dec 22, 2011

I order a bunch of stuff directly from from factories in China. I usually have someone with Engrish skills that I can converse with by email. Today I got an email from one of my suppliers. Sometimes the Engrish translation just doesn't quite make it through the universal translator. Below is the email I got from my supplier. Let's just say I was touched.


Hello,Dear manager,
Merry Christmas and happy New Year! This is ( NAME WITHHELD) , we manufacture stage lighting.
The Christmas and New Year holiday is coming near once again. We would like to extend our warm wishes for the upcoming holiday season and would like to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
May your New Year be filled with special moment, warmth, peace and happiness, the joy of covered ones near, and wishing you all the joys of Christmas and a year of happiness.
It's my honor to contact with you before, and my duty is to give you our best products and excellent service.Hope the next year is a prosperous and harvest year for both of us!
Best wishes
(NAME WITHHELD)  Export manager
Well dern. I was worried about my uncovered ones being near. Now here is the fun part. Did she mean covered by  BO Health Care that the Libbbbrrrrllllls rammed down our throat, or did she mean the dead love ones buried in my backyard?  Now, what about the phrase "...harvest year for both of us"? I think she meant a fruitful year for both of us. Wikipedia says, "... harvest marks the end of the growing season, or the growing cycle for a particular crop, and social importance of this event makes it the focus of seasonal celebrations such as a harvest festival..."  I thought about this sentence a moment then I used my powerful brain to figure out that she was referring to the end of the libbbrrlll cycle for us and communism for her.  I was giddy as a school girl. Yes, I will keep my buried love ones near and will be thankful for the end of libbbrrrrrrlllls.  Merry Christmas to us one and all.
I was working on the wrought iron porch supports on my in-laws house today and a neighbor, Paige, came by to look at the supports. Paige is Canadian  just like my in-laws and Deb for that matter. Paige, Deb, and myself were looking at the porch supports that usually have big letter "S" figures between two small support that look like this.  I had earlier removed the "S" figures between the posts, because I had drilled holes into the supports and added bolts and the decorative S pieces were in the way. Paige noticed the "S" figures were missing and  asked me how I was going to mounts the "S" figures back into the supports with the new bolts that I had added to the supports. The new bolts did appear to be a problem with remounting the "S" figures. I simply told Paige that I was going to bend the "S" figures into "O" figures to get around the extra bolts. Deb jumped onto what I said then told him that we were going to add "BO" figures instead simply to get a rise out of me referring to the head of the libbrrrlll party in Washington whose name we never say in my house.  Paige beat me to it when he said BO stood for Bugger Off and would not be a good choice.  Paige's wisdom clearly goes beyond his years. See,  BO gets no respect from Canadians either. 

We're heading to Phoenix in the morning to look at another motorhome which means I get to interface with Arizona people. Oh goody. I should find lots of stuff to talk about manana. 

Merry Christmas to you and a libbbrrrlll free New Year to you all. I thought I would say that early just in case.
Al


No comments:

Post a Comment