Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Palm Springs, The Puppies Celebrity, Rabbits, Presidents Dec 6, 2011

Yesterday, I was driving somewhere and was waiting for the stop light to change in the left turn lane.  A car pulled up beside me  on the right with the front of the car even with the passenger side window which has happened a thousand times in the past. I thought nothing of it. Then the car inched forward with the driver of the other car even to the passenger door of The Crapper. Ok, that go my attention.  My spidey sense was all tingly. So, I turned to look at the driver who was an elderly woman which should have been no biggie right? Through the closed Crapper's passenger door window and her closed driver's door window the woman was talking or mouthing words or something. Ok, my spidey sense stopped and my "You've got trouble" flag went up.  The I realized she wasn't Marcel Marceauing  me but at the rear window of The Crapper. Monty (half of The Puppies) was standing upright with his whole head out the window looking dead at the woman. The woman was talking to Monty, and I guess Monty could actually hear her. The lady must have recognized Monty's celebrity and was a traffic stopping fan. The Puppies get that type of behavior everywhere they go.

A couple nights ago,  Deb, The Puppies, and myself went for a walk. The path that we used is a local bike and pedestrian path that runs parallel to the park where we are staying.  During the walk, we noticed at least a dozen rabbits in a certain area along the path which runs parallel to another housing area that borders our park. Naturally The Puppies wanted to chase the rabbits and had a field day with their presence.  Deb and I refer to Monty as The Squirrelinator for his personal disdain for squirrels. Monty has never caught a squirrel but that hasn't stopped him from chasing plenty of them with the same gusto as John Edwards chasing skanks.  Well, The Squirrelinator is now known as The Rabbitinator. Monty tries to chase the rabbits, snorts, and pulls on his leash with the same disdain he has for squirrels which is almost like he lost his daddy in The Great Rabbit War and wants revenge.  Riley could care less because Riley merely wants to find something to pee on kind of like a democrat does to us.  Anyway, yesterday during our walk, we saw only a couple rabbits and wondered where the others were, then we noticed the coyote hiding in the dense brush about fifty feet from us.  Well Monty leaped into action and wanted the Coyoteinator medal pinned to his chest.  Surprisingly, the coyote ran. The Puppies are not exactly intimidating, but I guess if the situation boils down to fight or flight, flight wins with the coyote. Monty was all bowed up and snorting like a bull ready to chase red kerchiefed drunken idjits through the streets of Pomplona.   Monty is all show and no go but he likes to let us think he knows what he is doing kind of like a democrat.

So, I was driving The Crapper in the small strip mall near our park. It is my philosophy that people do stupid stuff all the time and shouldn't be harmed because of a temporary lapse in judment. Case in point the people that voted for democrats in 2008 thinking that "change" would was going to be a good thing.  But anyway, I was driving through the strip mall when an elderly gentleman walked out of Starbucks and stepped directing into The Crapper's path without looking for traffic. I was driving slowly and half expected an idjit to jump out out somewhere, so I wasn't too surprised.  I screeched to a halt inches from the man who turned and looked at me similar to what you would expect from a  mugshot of  a wide-eyed, drunken democrat caught soliciting a male prostitute.  The last sentence took a moment for me to word. You know the look where they obviously are surprised yet clueless. The man stared for a moment then  turned and began walking again totally oblivious to how close to death he had just come or even why he voted for a bunch of dern democrats a few years ago. These are moments that make me go hhmmm.

I met a gentleman here a few years ago that grew up in Hickory, NC where I grew up. I just saw him again, and we chit-chatted about a few things. The gentleman lives in Oregon and winters in Palm Springs.  What got my attention was when he said he was President Dwight Eisenhower's driver in Palm Springs. Eisenhower owned a home here in Palm Springs. After speaking with the gentleman, I found out he knew a few other presidents including President Gerald Ford who lived and died in Rancho Mirage, CA which is part of Coachella Valley (Palm Springs is in Coachella Valley).  I wondered if he knew Betty Ford, Ford's wife and first lady,  who founded The Betty Ford Clinic popular for sobering up rock stars and male prostitute soliciting  democrats.  This gentleman was a treat to talk with.  I am amazed at the interesting people that I find in our journeys--this gentleman included.

Well, that is about all of the democrat jokes that I can muster for today.  Have a great day.
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment