Sunday, December 4, 2011

Palm Springs, Weather, Witchiepoo Junk, Redwood Lumber Dec 4, 2011

The weather here is cold. What in the world?  Daytime temperatures of 80 degrees are normal and became 60 degrees when we got here. This mess happened two years ago when we were here. This ain't funny and I want warm weather again. Shoot Raleighwood is warmer than this and I wouldn't have to put up with Californians. Oh man I just caught myself whining. I've been in Califunkia 10 minutes and the whining has consumed the Big Ole Dumb Southern Boy. Geez Louise.

A couple days ago, Witchiepoo came over and told Deb that she wanted our recycling.  I initially thought about it for a microsecond  and wondered if Witchiepoo was hording trash or something.  I wouldn't put it past Witchiepoo after seeing Casa Witchiepoo. After fifteen years of marriage, I have learned to allow  Deb to handle the indigenous natives. It is much easier than me buying new shoes after losing one in some nincompoop's butt.  So, I asked Deb if she had thought to ask Witchiepoo why she wanted our recycling, and Deb said so Witchiepoo could get money for it.  Well dern, Califunknia has a bottle and other recyclable stuff deposit law. The grocery stores charge a deposit on certain recyclables and give it back to you when you return the empty to the grocery store. This law has been tried many times in NC, but I am told the law was always defeated because it places an undue burden on grocery stores to store recyclable material. All the treehuggers just got their panties all bunched up after that last sentence.  Listen, I just parroted what I heard so sit your butt down. I don't need to buy  new shoes. Anwyay, Witchiepoo has an income stream returning pop bottles and stuff.  To enable Witchiepoo, Deb tied a bag onto the kitchen cabinet handles (GRRRRRR) to put this mess in to save it for Witchiepoo.  The bag isn't going over well with me, and I now have visions of saying to heck with it and letting Witchiepoo go through our trash.  GGGGRRRRR. I believe in doing what is right but where in the Sam Hill did I sign up to have Witchiepoo's trash collected at Casa Al; furthermore,  nor do I want to see our junk memorialized at Witchiepoo's Fred G. Sanford Birthplace, Flying Broom Emporium, and House of Repudiation.  This situation is going to take some thought. I'll update you on this trashy situation soon. GGRRRR.

Ok, you eastcoasters need to quit calling and texting me so early in the morning. Not to mention names, but my old friend whose initials are Dwight (Dwight's name finally showed up in the blog) called me really early today, on a Sunday morning,  not thinking what time it was in Califunknia. Of course Dwight wasn't the only one, I've had lots of people wake my old butt up early not thinking about the time difference. I must admit it doesn't bother me  but please remember Califunknia time.

Speaking of Dwight made me think about my visit to Lowe's yesterday. I walked through the building supplies and noticed all the nice redwood lumber available. Redwood lumber is an exotic lumber in Raleighwood and would never be in Lowe's at home.  I was building something at Deb's parents place yesterday and was using douglas fir lumber which is the standard here. Man that is some nice smelling wood as it reminds me of cedar.  I spoke to Dwight about it and wished we could get a few train car loads of redwood and douglas fir in Raleighwood but that is just wishful thinking.  My wish brings to mind an old poem:
If wishes were horses
Beggars would ride:
If turnips were watches
I would wear one by my side.
And if if's and an's were pots and pans,
The tinker would never work!
For you guys that don't understand Big Ole Dumb Southern Boy poetry (actually it ain't my poem), the poem means wishing  will never get you what you want only taking action will.  This has been your Big Ole Dumb Southern Boy public service announcement for today.

That is about all for today. I'll quit whining and get down to today's affairs. Do yourself a favor and put up more Christmas lights because you don't have enough up yet. Trust me, you ain't got enough lights up yet.  Next year when my Christmas display goes up, I will break the 100K bulb count easily.  So, put up some more lights.

Bye for now,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment