Sunday, December 25, 2011

Lutefisk, Elmer Fudd --Palm Springs Dec 25, 2011

Well Deb and her family had their Christmas Eve tradition last night of eating lutefisk. It is a white fish that is dried, then reconstituted with water and lye. Yes I said lye.  No, Big Ole Dumb Southern Boys don't and won't eat fish soaked in lye.   I read where lutefisk permanently stains sterling silverware so stainless steel is required. Do you think it could be the lye that ruins silver? Geez Louise. 

The Puppies are having a blast walking on the trail near our park. Monty loves chasing or rather trying to chase rabbits that are plentiful during the walk. We saw about 20 or more the other day many being in packs. Monty reminds me of Elmer Fudd sneaking up on the rabbits. He tiptoes up to a good viewpoint then looks back at us with an evil smile then turns back to pounce on the rabbit pack. Of course, he is on a leash and can't reach them but he tries snorting and scratching the entire time.   The Puppies have a blast on their walks.


I've watched A Christmas Story just about all day on TV.  I love this movie. I have a miniature version of the leg lamp on the dash of The Love Boat.  It really does remind me of Christmas at my parents when I was a Little Ole Dumb Southern Boy.   Several of the things that are mentioned in the movie are considered child abuse today such as spanking, washing the kids mouth with soap, cursing around the children, etc. How did this go from being normal behavior to funny to being child abuse in my lifetime?

We may be leaving to go home on Saturday if we don't buy a new motorhome that we looked at in Phoenix. This motorhome is bigger and has a big diesel motor. If we do buy it then we will stay a while longer getting some work performed on it. We shall see in a few days.

Merry Christmas to you all and a Happy and Healthy New Year to you too.
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment