Monday, December 12, 2011

Pilgrimage, Sunset---Palm Springs Dec 12, 2011

This morning we heard a crowd passing The Love Boat. It turns out the crowd was a group participating in Our Lady of Guadalupe Pilgrimage.   This crowd was something to see. The crowd stretched about 1/2 mile and were walking on a 32 mile pilgrimage through the valley. It looked like a lot of fun and I might have walked it too if I had known ahead of time. Here are a few pictures that you can enlarge by double clicking on them.



I think that these folks have a sense of religion and faith that is lacking so much in our society. Bravo to them.  Now you know that I haven't gotten all warm and fuzz which is not my character.  In the first photo, you will notice a cop. While The Big Ole Dumb Southern Boy was taking these photos, an idiot walked up to that cop and had a heated talk with the cop.  As the situation progressed I understood what was transpiring. The peeved idiot was  waiting at that intersection to drive left through the crowd and the cops had stopped traffic for like five minutes. The idiot was bent out of shape that the cop would not let him through.  To further emphasize his idiocrary, the man walked away screaming and then turned around and showed both of his middle fingers to the cop. What an idiot.  I thought the cop would chase him and do an LAPD on him (not LAPD but small town cop) and beat him senseless but the cop did nothing but shake his head. So, I thought about this for a second and said hmmm to myself. This intersection was a cross section of America. The pilgrimage reflected positive and wonderful things for a large group of people while a single, disgruntled person showed ugliness and unwillingness to become part of something much larger and greater than himself. This butthead wanted to use the system (cop) to get his way regardless of the impact on this large group. Deb and The Puppies were standing watching this stupidity with me.  Monty looked up at me and told me (with his eyes) that I should drag the democrat butthead to the groomer for a 4 hour  bath and blow dry--that would fix his butt. Monty really did say democrat--honest.

The other day, we were coming out of a store somewhere in the valley about sunset, when we noticed an incredible sunset over the mountains. Here is a photograph of that sunset. That's me The Big Ole Dumb Southern Boy in the car. Deb took this photo.

Just before Deb caught this photo, which I think caught the moment nicely, she had the camera held up at arm's length trying to take the photo, but the camera was in one of those modes where it does whatever it wants to do and takes the photo when it wants to not when you want it to take. You know what I'm talking about.  So, she pushed the button and held it for a couple seconds and the camera was blinking and flashing and doing everything except taking the photo. Then  Deb turned the camera around to look at its front to guage the problem (I guess)  and of course the camera flashed and took this photo. Deb was blinded by the flash and a woman passing by yelled to Deb that she saw the whole thing. Deb is a bleach-bottle blond but sure acted like a real one.

Deb got into The Crapper and immediately knew that this photo would make it into the blog.

Well, I'm out of time for today. See Yall manana.

No comments:

Post a Comment