Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Campgrounds, Potty People, Bovines--Sioux Narrows, ON AgainJuly 14, 2010

Edit: I was reminded that bovines are cows. I forgot. Swine are pigs. So sue me.

Walter arrived in Regina, SK, Canada yesterday a few hours late but intact. Deb stayed in Naicam, as planned, with her parents and will fly home the same day Walter and I arrive in Raleigh. That day should be July 24th. Walter brought me the replacement stabilizer controller and The Love Boat's stabilizers are working again. I will wait to discuss Walter's plane ride for a few days until we are back in the US. Enough said for now.

Walter and I left Regina, SK around noon yesterday and drove until we reached The Shady Oaks RV Resort in Sidney, Manitoba. We picked that sorry campground because we could get a site that didn't require us to disconnect The Crapper. The term for that type of site is pull-thru and is rare in government parks. Manitoba has lots of provincial campgrounds that are nice but don't usually have pull-thru sites. We drove until almost dark and really didn't want to setup in the dark. We had to install the stabilizer controller, thus we picked The Shady Oaks RV Resort. This placed sucked. Somebody misspelled the name of the place as the "ad" in the name should have been "itt". The owners of this "campground" charged for stuff that is always free in other campgrounds--many things. The owners of Poopy Oak RV Last Resort advertised an indoor pool on this huge sign that we saw from the road. Yep, they did have an indoor pool, but it was in a shack out in a field. The shack was something you would expect to see on J.D. Clampett's place in Bugtussle. A place J.D. Clampett used to house farm animals like pigs. Sooooo-eeeee. Let's go swimming. Forget that.

We drove all day today and arrived a few hours ago in Sioux Narrow, ON. Yes ,this is the same place Deb and I stayed in on our way to Naicam, SK. We (Walter and I) arrived in the pouring rain and got a campsite on the water near where Deb and I stayed a week or so ago. We pulled up into the road in front of our campsite and decided to disconnect The Crapper from the motorhome in the road. The rain was pouring down, so I put on a poncho rainsuit and left Walter in The Love Boat with the puppies--it was thundering and the puppies were not happy. So, I got out and got the toad bag which is a bag that contains the stuff I need to disconnect The Crapper (PT Cruiser) from The Love Boat (motorhome). This bag is where you I keep the locks and pins for the hitch. So, I disconnected The Crapper and put up the hitch and walked around the back of The Crapper. I had the hitch bag in my right hand and The Crapper keys in my left hand. What I should mention here is that I've lost some weight during this trip. I haven't lost a great deal of weight but enough to make my clothes loose. Now remember, I had on the poncho, the hitch bag was in my right hand and The Crapper keys were in my left hand as I walked around the back of The Crapper. Yeah baby, you might have guessed what happened. That's right, in a split second, my shorts fell down and landed around my ankles. I was standing in the road of a crowded campground with my drawers around my ankles holding the hitch bag and car keys while wearing a poncho. I looked down at my drawers, started laughing, sat the bag and keys on the ground, and somewhat hurriedly pulled up my drawers. I was laughing so hard I didn't even look around to see who saw me. As a matter of fact, I really didn't care who saw what happened as the damage was done. Opening night of The Southern Boy was a smashing success.

A few days ago I posted a picture of the dual potties at a campsite in the Sioux Narrows, ON campground from our last visit. The reviews of the photos from people that read this blog have been hilarious. As you now know, I am back in the same campground. So, I wondered if the potties are still there. A little while ago, Walter and I walked past the same camper and one potty was missing and the mat that the potties sat on was in disarray. Now where did the missing potty go? We are curious and will explore the situation tomorrow. The Potty People's campsite is a few campsites down from ours. I guess the neighbors that saw my drawers fall down are acclimated to the events happening at The Potty People's campsite and thought I was visiting The Potty People or something.

Yesterday, while driving from Naicam to Regina to pickup Walter, I saw a barn that had large letters advertising a website that I assumed was for pig farmers--I assumed. The sign said BovineClassifieds.com. At the time I assumed BovineClassifieds.com was a website similar to Craigslist.com but instead for cows. I guess BovineClassifieds.com wasn't such a good idea as the website no longer exists. Who would have guessed that such a good idea would not succeed? Maybe BovineClassifieds.com was intended to be a website with visions of a paid online dating service like Eharmony.com except for cows. I guess the inventors of BovineClassifieds thought Ecowmany.com was too silly--not me though. I'll betcha (see I still remember Sault Sainte Marie) whomever paid to be on Ehogmany.com stayed at The Shady Oaks RV Resort and used the "indoor pool". Moooo.

We will be in Sioux Narrows until Friday and should be back in the US somewhere Friday night. We plan to be in Chicago on Sunday night.
Al

1 comment:

  1. you can tell Al's not a farm boy..... Al, a cow is a bovine, whereas a pig is a swine.

    ReplyDelete