Sunday, July 25, 2010

Raleigh July 25, 2010

Walter and I drove all day Thursday and got home about 6pm. Traveling is fun but as "they" say, there is no place like home. The heat in Raleigh is stifling as it was 100 degrees Friday. The humidity was high and breathing required effort outdoors. But inside the house, our new super-duper air conditioner was doing just fine. Thank you democrats and the next generation of our kids for giving me tax money to replace our air conditioner. I had to get in a democrat jab somewhere.

Deb got home last night at 11pm. The puppies and myself were really happy to see her. Riley has been beating up on Monty as Deb wasn't around. Riley considers himself my pup and Monty considers himself to be Deb's. When Deb isn't around Riley asserts his alpha male role and beats up on Monty as much as possible. Brothers will be brothers as "they" say (here "they" are giving advice again). Deb was selected for "special screening" by TSA simply because she was flying one way. Now how stupid is that. Don't you think the terrorists have figured out that a one way ticket means extra scrutinization? Of course this is just another example of why the US is hated the world over due to inane and silly screening of the traveling public.

The journey to Canada and back cost about $2400 in gasoline and around $600 in campsites. Seems a lot of money, right? It is a lot of money. But we were gone for about a month. If we traveled by car the fuel bill would have been about 1/3 of what the motorhome used (assuming we took my pickup truck). Had we taken my truck and stayed in hotels, the $600 in lodging would have been four times what it cost for the motorhome. For those of you that aren't good at math, that is about the same costs. Plus, for most meals, we cooked at the motorhome which resulted in a significant savings. But the most important reason we traveled in the motorhome allowed us to take Monty and Riley. A few years ago we drove (my truck) from Raleigh to Naicam and the hotels we stayed in were disgusting. We only stayed in one hotel room that didn't smell like urine. Most hotels have "pet fees" that they charge to do extra cleaning that they don't do. Long live The Love Boat.

I was trimming my mustache a few days ago and slipped which resulted in my having a gap missing from my mustache. I figured I had two choices, either I could glue some dog hair on my lip or cutoff my mustache. So, I glued some dog hair on my lip. Sorry, I meant I cut my mustache off. Deb has wanted me to do so for some time because she says it makes me look younger. She is correct, I look 16 years old again. As a direct result, I have been listening to Lady Gaga and other teeny bands that sound like cats in heat whining into a microphone. I plan to put huge speakers in my truck and drive around irritating our neighbors with rap (you can't have crap without rap) music. I think I will close now so I can run to the mall and hang out for a while. I figure I can text my new teeny friends (LOL) and let my pants hang down to my knees. I figure about a week of me acting 16 years old and Deb will beg me to grow my mustache back. We shall see. Deb just told me I can't go to the mall because I was grounded. I'll slip out later when she is taking her nap (old people have to nap). I want to get a tattoo while I'm at the mall. I'm thinking a tattoo that is on my back just above my belt and please don't call it a tramp stamp. You grown ups are so narrow-mined. My iPhone needs recharging, so I'll have to go now but be assured we are still BFFs. ROFL.

No comments:

Post a Comment