Saturday, November 5, 2011

Upcoming cross country trip Nov 5, 2011 Raleigh, NC

I'll bet you thought I forgot about you?  Well, I did. Guess what is going to happen soon? Go ahead guess. You guessed correctly if you said a cross country trip. We leave in a couple weeks for Palm Springs, CA for a month or whatever time period in which we get good and tired of living in a motorhome.  Some of the people that read the blog will remember the last trip to California where Walter had a close encounter with pig heads in Austin, TX,  my chakara  in Sedona, AZ, the yack hatted hippie idiots in Santa Fe,  the trailer park in Palm Springs  (oh God I still have nightmares of that place), and Dallas Cowboy's Stadium.  Gosh, I think I hit the good parts. Anyway, we are returning to GranolaLand  but we are not staying in that awful trailer park. Long time readers remember the names that I gave to our stuff.  You know the names, The Love Boat (our motorhome), The Crapper (our PT Cruiser towed car), The Puppies (our dogs Monty and Riley), Deb (my wife The Bleach Bottle Blond/ Chinese novelty), and myself (globe trotting Big Ole Dumb Southern Boy). I would have mentioned Walter (our friend and sidekick in motorhome navigation), but he discovered women (Melissa a nice young lady as opposed to Walter is not a nice young lady) and a job with a boss that has no sense of humor.  Maybe Walter and Melissa will factor into this trip somewhere. Oh goody a mystery.  We shall see. Did you notice how many parentheses that I used?  I like parentheses.

This trip will cover a few new places.  The thought of me having to put with hippies again didn't sit well with me.  Actually, the thought of me being stranded in snowy Santa Fe with all of those hippies is what didn't sit well with me. As you know I have little use for hippies which comes from my Post Traumatic Hippy Syndrome (PTHS)  when I was a soldier and hippies came up to me in the airport (when I was in uniform) and called me a baby killer and spat on me which really upset my chakara.  Boo hoo water the hippy nightmare flowers. Anyway, we are planning to take a new route this time with a few places and unique people that I can talk about. I am giddy as a school girl just thinking of the possibilities. 

Al, Deb, and The Puppies

 

No comments:

Post a Comment