Saturday, November 12, 2011

More upcoming trip Raleigh, NC Nov 11, 2011

Dude, it has been cold or rather wet and cold. The older I get the less I like the cold. This is where you say something like, "You want some cheese and crackers with your whine?"  No really, it has been cold and wet. I was outside today installing a new Waterpump 9000 today into The Love Boat, and I had to wear a heavy coat. Geez Louise. Anyway, I got Waterpump 9000 installed and it makes the faucets squirt water like BO (head  of the democrat party and yes the small case d in democrat is intended) squirts nonsense like, "Yes we can or rather yes we told you we could, but we knew we never could and accordingly can't".  Oh baby, I got the democrat joke in really fast this time.  Anyway, the Waterpump 9000 does a grand job or pumping water from the fresh water holding tank to the faucets and stuff onboard The Love Boat.  Before we had Waterpump -9000 installed, and it was about useless. Now that I have captivated you and applied grandiose plumbing science, I think that I should talk about our trip some. Right? Right.

Our current plans have us going through Nashville and turning southwest in Little Rock, Arkansas to avoid having to cross upper Arizona and New Mexico. You may remember the last trip to Califunknia, we crossed the plateau west of  Santa Fe and barely avoided a bad winter storm. You landlubbers with 4 wheeled cars wouldn't pay much attention to the snow, but The Love Boat slips and slides a  bunch easier than big 18 wheeler trucks and small cars. So, we aim to avoid the whole situation and go through Dallas, lower AZ, and NM.  Yada, yada, yada. Whine, whine, whine.

We took The Puppies for a long walk tonight in the cold air, and I do believe they love this weather.  The Puppies are sporting the latest in Keeshond outerwear and tolerate the cold quite nicely.  I would say a lot nicer that Big Ole Dumb Southern Boys.  Speaking of walking, Deb and I are planning to walk The Camino de Santiago. in Spain in 2013. I plan to walk all 500 miles of it, and Deb will join me for a week or two.  I guess I will take about 5 weeks to walk "The Camino".  The Camino has been around for 1100 years, and I just got around to it.  I've known about The Camino all of my adult life but haven't had the opportunity to walk it. I can honestly say that it will be an adventure, and no The Love Boat will stay at home for that trip. I wont elaborate more on that trip as you can Google it and get all kinds of insomniac relief information on it.  Let's just say that The Camino is a pilgrimage, and no I won't have to wear a big hat and Deb won't have to cook for Indians on that trip. 

I'll update the blog in a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment