Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Spicy food, Shampoo, Medical Weed--Palm Springs, CA Jan 2, 2012

Happy New Year to everyone. I hope you have a healthy and happy life in the coming year. 

I noticed  something (the hard way) about life out west. Foods are far more spicy in the west than in the east. Mexican restaurants in the east serve picante sauce that is actually more like ketchup than hot sauce.  Good Lord, picante sauce here is always spicy hot even when it is called "mild sauce". What in the world? I do believe that people west of the Mississippi have burned out their tastebuds? In Arizona the degree of spiciness is even hotter than here. Geez Louise. Texas in my opinion has the right balance of spiciness.  As you already know, I am studying Spanish and I routinely stop and look at stuff  that is written in Spanish. Yesterday I went into Rite-Aide and was perusing the candy display in the center of the store as it was all Mexican candy.   I didn't want to buy anything, I was just looking at the "candy" and snacks on the display.  I saw watermelon flavored hard candy coated in chile powder,  sweetened beans coated in chile powder,  caramel coated in chile powder, and dried fruit covered in chile powder. On the other side of the display was nuts coated in chile powder and corn chips coated in chile powder. Did you catch the common ingredient of chile powder? Good Lord, Mexicans consider chile powder candy.  Holy guacamole.On the Rite Aide display I saw nothing without chile powder.  Oh let's do some scientific extrapolation using my huge Southern Boy brain of that "candy" display in Rite Aide. Okay, if  you were to eat everything with chile powder on it, then you will have an intense desire to leave a country and cross another border for a better life. You also will work hard, take care of your family, and not complain.  I have figured out how we fix the US.  We feed chile powder to democrats, and they will all leave and go to Mexico or Canada where the Promised Land awaits them. Remember the key to fixing our country is chile powder.  

Deb and I have been working on her parent's house mostly painting. At the end of the day I walk home, but Deb has been showering there and taking The Crapper back to The Love Boat. The reason Deb has been showering at her parent's is because we are both pretty much covered in wet paint after working on the house all day. If she didn't clean up at her parent's then she would get paint in the car. Get it? Good. Deb washed her hair tonight with her mom's shampoo. Her mom uses Pantene Pro-V Silver Expressions Daily Color Enhancing Shampoo for Gray to Silver Shades, Sterling to Snow. Oh come on, my mother-in-law must have bought that shampoo just so I would have something to talk about in the blog.  Deb said the shampoo was dark blue, and Deb was worried that it would turn her hair some weird color due to Deb being a bleach blond. Now that would be funny. Deb said I wouldn't like her running around town next to me with orange or green hair. I told her I would find it funny, furthermore I would immediately post her predicament here to allow all of Yall to share in my fun. Deb knew I was telling the truth too. Is it apparent we have been married a long time?

Well Melissa and Walter are on track to arrive in Palm Springs, CA on Jan 10, 2012. They will stay here overnight, and we will start our journey home which will take about 10 days or so. The new motorhome will be delivered on Friday, January 6, 2012 or shortly before.  Now this should be a fun trip home. Stay tuned in to see what happens.

Oh before I forget, we were in the parking lot of Costco today, and some "sick people" were openly smoking "medical marijuana". I thought I was at a rock concert or something.  The act sort of caught us off guard. Just when I think I have seen it all, then some Califunknian bellies up to the bar with something new. I thought I should go inside Costco and buy a big tub of chile powder and give it to those folks.

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment