Sunday, January 22, 2012

Home, Sneering--Raleigh, NC Jan 21, 2012

Good golly Miss Molly we are home. We drove from Greenville to Raleigh today. The Love Boat and Roadrunner are moored at the state fairgrounds awaiting cargo removal and cleaning before dry docking at the storage facility.  Dang, I carried the nautical theme too far.  We are going to wash and cleanup both motorhomes before they go to storage. Both motorhomes are filthy from the mud and rain. Yes, I said rain. It is a foreign concept to us as we became desert dwellers. The rain has been fun to watch.

Roadrunner is a fast motorhome. It drives and rides so much better than The Love Boat. We miss The Love Boat though. That motorhome has been shelter and transportation to us for 2 NC to CA trips and 1 NC to Saskatchewan trip--to you Americans (pronounced A MUR A KINS), Saskatchewan is that spot on the map above Montana and North Dakota.  You know where the map stops and the world ends according to most A MUR A KINS.   Anyway, you might say The Love Boat took us to the end of the earth as known by A MUR A KINS.  We will miss it. I will not  miss sleeping in Roadrunner's bathtub or commonly called that stupid leaking Select Comfort mattress.  This is where I sneer with disgust after not having a working mattress for 2200 miles. Actually this where I double sneer for not having a working mattress for 2200 miles. You can take my word  I am really sneering now.  Really.

I took Walter and Melissa to Walter's aunt's house tonight to get Melissa's car. I should mention that Walter pronounces aunt like AAAAAANTTT with a long A instead of ANT like the rest of us heathens. Anyway Walter's AAAAAAANTT's  name is Kat, and Kat told me that a nice lady from church who was 100 years old "finally" died.  Of course Kat didn't mean to say finally but the word left her mouth and frolicked around the yard, hit the house and 2 neighbor's cars then bounced off  the pavement and FINALLY jumped into our ears. I looked at Kat and said that she just FINALLY made the blog and she laughed.  Well Kat, here it is.  The lady that died will be deeply missed by us all and  (finally) Kat too.

Anyway, it is getting late and I need to go sleep on a regular mattress that won't deflate. I'll write more manana. Oh, I start my third class in Spanish this week. Oh goody.
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment