Sunday, January 15, 2012

The New Motorhome (LB2)--Las Cruces, NM Jan 14, 2012

We have been busy, too busy to even write this blog.  But, I do have a couple minutes and thought that I should say something. We are in Las Cruces, NM in our new motorhome. The new motorhome, LB2, has been a handful of problems. Some of the problems, we are correcting immediately as they are show stoppers, i.e. no oil in the generator. Other problems are more involved and will require parts that I must order, i.e remote electric  locks for the basement door when an old fashioned key works perfectly well.


Shortly after we took possession we drove the motorhome to Tuscon, AZ where I tried to start the barely used, $10,000 diesel generator. If would not start and the dealer told me that they changed the oil in the generator and it was ready to go. After repeated attempts to start it, I checked the oil and no oil was present. It turns  out they took out the oil but didn't replace it. I took the generator to a repair facility who put in oil and started it, and it worked fine for them. It may have permanently damaged the motor though, but we won't know until we get home and have the manufacturer check it out. Let's say the dealer will owe us a $10,000 generator if it is ruined.  The mattress on the bed is a Select Comfort which is a fancy air mattress with pumps. The bed leaks or rather fully deflates, and so we are sleeping on a foam mattress topper. This can wait until we get home. There is a long list of things that needs repairs. RVs constantly need repairs and the new motorhome was priced right, and we expected problems but not as many as we got. All of the problems will get fixed by me as we progress. I am making this sound more dramatic than it actually is, however, I have had little time to do anything but repair stuff.

Enough with the bad. The motorhome is nice or at least we think it is. It is far more powerful than I expected. I am seriously tired of talking about the motorhome. I'll write more tomorrow as it is getting late here. We drove to Las Cruces, NM via Tombstone, AZ today.  I have several funny things to write about but am seriously tired tonight.

See Yall manana,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment