Saturday, November 28, 2009

Nov 20, 2009 Start of Trip

We were up at 3am this morning. We had The Love Boat (motorhome) in the driveway which is elevated from the highway and requires a few minutes to get it out. We did and I started the hookup process for The Crapper (PT Cruiser) which is towed behind the motorhome. That is when I noticed the auxiliary braking system for the car was not working. I had to rewire a connector which took about an hour. So, we had a rocky start.

My brother David is staying at our house while we are gone. That is nice of him. We appreciate the fact that David presence will deter breakins.

We had to detour around the rock slide which took a couple extra hours. The wind was gusting and made my day a little harder. We arrived at Knoxville at the Soaring Eagle Campground shortly after dark. We went to bed early but soon realized that the road noise from the interstate was really bad. It turns out we were 200 ft from the interstate. We are going to buy earplugs. I think somebody added the "ing" to the campground name by mistake. Sore Eagle would be a better name. The eagle would be sore about being kept up all night by the noise from trucks.

The PT Crapper did something strange today. I hope I fixed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment