Tuesday, June 15, 2010

One week left until we leave--June 15, 2010 Raleigh NC

In just one week we begin our trip to Canada. The last few weeks have flown by, and we are in the final preparations for the trip. Planning a trip that will last five weeks and cover almost 6000 miles can be kind of tough. We are not new at this having experienced three round trips of this magnitude. Two of the trips have been cross country and the other was to the same place we are going-- Naicam, Saskatchewan. And when I say we, I mean we to include The Puppies. Those dogs are better traveled than most humans.

Speaking of The Puppies (Monty and Riley), The Puppies understand many words; I would estimate a couple hundred. We use those words in sentences, and they seem to understand the sentences. One of their new sentences is "Do the puppies want to go for a house ride?" That would mean going for a ride in The Love Boat (our motorhome for you newbies). The Wieners (another name for The Puppies) aren't fond of going for rides in the motorhome, because up until last year when we got The Love Boat, their house didn't move or at least with them in it. We owned a travel trailer and The Wieners only occupied it while it was stationary. You should have seen their faces when the house started moving for the first time--too funny. But they do love an adventure like running around in the desert or playing in water or at least Monty does as Riley doesn't like getting his wittle toes wet.

The PT Crapper (our PT Cruiser towed vehicle or commonly referred to as "toad") is almost ready to go. It has been in the repair shop for some semi-expensive repairs. But, The Crapper is fit and raring to go.

My humor will return as my workload diminishes, and I have more time to write. See Yall in a few days. BTW, if you join the blog as a "Follower", I'm told that the system will send you an email when I update the blog. Besides, it makes me feel like I have groupies.
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment