Friday, January 8, 2010

Jan 08, 2010 Dallas, TX (actually Terrell, TX)

Good lord. I am again nauseated and my dad is spinning in his grave like a trailer in a tornado. We went to see the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas on Elm Street. The "museum" is on the sixth floor of The Book Depository or more commonly known as the sniper position for Lee Harvey Oswald when he shot John F. Kennedy. What a crock. That place cost $13 and all I got was a bunch of bulletin boards with pictures that I can find on the internet. I did get to see out the window where Oswald shot Kennedy. I had excellent weapons training in the Army and can tell you Oswald was not the lone shooter. That was a really tough shot for one round but for three? Hog wash. He had help. Thanks to that "museum", I'm all conspiracy theoryed about some stuff that happened when I was just a boy. Prepare to hear conspiracies for the next week. Between JFK and LBJ I've had all of the liberalism that I can palate. My father is spinning as fast as a helicopter in his grave because I went to see the liberal meccas. Dad is spinning so fast he could fly The Love Boat back to Raleigh. RIP Dad. I start for home tomorrow.

We also went the new Cowboys stadium. They had a "tour" that cost $18 that allowed us to walk onto the field as well as the lockerooms for the players and cheerleaders. Pppfffffttttt. I could have cared less about the players but was awestruck by the engineering of that building. It has an 85 yard long TV screen. Now why do you need an 85 yard TV when you have $200 tickets? Now come on. Now why would I want to come to a stadium and spend $200 on seats that are in outerspace so I can watch the game on the world's largest bigscreen TV? No it ain't about the excitement it is about the modern day fleecing of the masses. Oh please let me give you $200 so I can watch the stupid game on the stupid TV. I would have gotten a picture of Monty and Riley peeing on the stadium, but I didn't want Monty and Riley to get any death threats. The people who made the threats likely wouldn't know that the puppies can't read. Death threats would make their hair fall out from nervousness. . So the puppies watered the bushes out front and pretended to pee on the stadium. They wanted to wear their new Longhorn cattle horns and have a stampede in the parking lot, but it was too cold for them. They are city puppies after all.

Tomorrow and Sunday will be very long driving days. We have 900+ miles to achieve in two days. I'm not sure if I will have time to update as much, but I will try. The sirens (pronounced SIGH REENS) are calling to me from Raleigh or maybe it is Deb. The reason it is pronounced SIGH REENS is because my southern accent has taken on a Texas intonation in the week that I have been here. I love Texas and Texans. They are unpretentious and good-hearted people. This part of Texas reminds me of North Carolina so much. However, North Carolinians would not appreciate the puppies running around with cattle horns on their heads. But, NC is home even with its flaws.

Some of the water lines on The Love Boat froze last night. It was that cold here. Twenty degrees F if I'm correct. We put a 100 watt light bulb into the compartment with the water pump to keep it from freezing again which should be adequate. Normally when the weather is freezing we shut off and drain all external hoses to The Love Boat and use the onboard 95 gallon fresh water and other holding tanks--which we did. But, the cold was too great and got to the heated spaces too. Brrrrr. I thought it was supposed to be warm in Texas. I want my money back. Of course I thought Texans were supposed to be conservatives. How come I got sucker punched twice with super liberalism? A guy can't count on much anymore.

We saw a boots and liquor store tonight in Terrell. That ranks up there with the store we saw in Branson, MO which had guns, ammo, and liquor. Now that is one stop shopping. It couldn't get any better unless it was a drive through boots and liquor store. Texans know how to roll.

The campground we are staying in had a couple inspirational thoughts on posters in the bathrooms. One said, "Don't squat with your spurs on" and the other one said, "If seven million people like a stupid idea it remains a stupid idea". Now that is inspiration from the outhouse.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment