Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Melide, Spain 52 kms to go

We had a productive day today. We walked a little over 20 kilometers  which is about 12.5 miles yet 52 kilometers remain. I really think we have my health problems under control. Waguih (who is a doctor) saw first hand what was happening to me and changed a medication I take and I didn't recognize myself today. No more excessive sweating. I now know I must eat a little of certain foods regularly (like every 1-2 hours max due to another problem) and I have a tremendous amount of energy. Life has changed for me but Waguih's feet are really blistering due to the walking. Each day brings another blister for him. It hurts to just hear about it. I guess I suffered during the first part last month, and he is suffering now.

We were walking through Palas de Rei today, and we saw this really beautiful church that was open, so we decided to go inside. We collect stamps along the way on this thing called a credencial that is used to prove you actually walked the camino so you can get a certificate proving you walked it. The stamps are available at churches, places to sleep, places to eat, shops, etc. The certificate is a very, very big deal for pilgrims so getting these stamps is of  paramount importance. Anyway, as we were going into the church in Palas de Rei, I saw a sign that said the church had a stamp. We we went inside and walked around this beautiful church and then walked into this backroom where this old guy was stamping pilgrim credencials. So I waited my turn and the guy stamped my credencial and as soon as he finished he pointed to the money jar sitting on the table meaning I was supposed to give a donation. I guess everything has its price.

Deb and Sandra are keeping themselves busy and having fun. I'm not sure what they are doing but I know they aren't riding around throwing water balloons on pilgrims because somebody would tell me. Like the saying goes, if it ain't broken don't fix it.

I'm sorry I don't write more. We don't seem to have a lot of free time. Talk to Yall tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment